We have been training teachers of English from all over the world for over 40 years.
Open enrolment Summer Teachers course
These courses are intended for non-native teachers of English who would like to refresh their English and their teaching techniques. They are 2-week courses during July or August for teachers in primary, secondary or language school teaching.
- You will need to be at B1 (intermediate) level or above
- The teacher training will complement your experience and is not an introductory teacher training course
- You will study 20 x 50-minute lessons per week of general English in a multinational class of up to 14 students at your level, and 10 x 50-minute classes per week in a closed group of teachers for methodology
Topics covered in the methodology component include:
- communicative language teaching
- teaching the 4 skills
- vocabulary development
- materials evaluation
- making and using visual aids
- testing and correction
- internet resources
- using IWBs
- course design
Specialised teacher training programmes for particular professional groups
We welcome enquiries from Ministries, Universities, schools, Tour Operators and individuals concerning teacher training courses for particular groups of one nationality or from one level of education, who have particular professional requirements. Courses can be for any duration from 1 week.