International Foundation Diploma
We are pleased to announce that we have received full accreditation to run the Level 3 International Foundation Year Diploma for Higher Education Studies (IFD) from NCC Education, one of the UK’s leading awarding organisations in IT and business.
The IFD is a one year pre-university qualification, including a significant degree of English language teaching. The qualification is designed to provide candidates with an entry route to UK university courses or progression onto the NCC Education Level 4 Diplomas in Computing, Business and Business IT.
The IFD aims to improve learners general and academic English language ability, enhance study skills and cultural understanding and introduce candidates to academic study in English in the fields of computing and/or business at a suitable level.
Why choose this qualification?
NCC Education’s IFD is designed for speakers of English as a foreign language who are seeking to gain entry to Higher Education qualifications taught and assessed in English.
NCC Education’s International Foundation Diploma is:
- Quality assured and well established in the UK and worldwide.
- A valuable university preparation qualification which allows candidates to demonstrate their English language skills (both General and Academic) together with key transferable study skills, cultural knowledge and mathematical understanding, as well as an understanding of the essential concepts of business and economics.
- Recognised and valued by many universities, both in the UK and in other countries. There are over 30 university progression routes to UK and overseas universities. For more details of the universities which successful IFD candidates have progressed, click here.
- A pathway to NCC Education’s level 4 Diploma qualifications and greater employment opportunities.
Of the 60+ university progression routes, NCC Education have specific agreements with the following institutions that will provide students with guaranteed entry at the point of application to the IFY course here at CESC.
Birmingham City University
Limerick Institute of Technology
Liverpool Hope University
National College of Ireland
University of Derby
For entry onto the NCC Education IFD qualification course at CESC, candidates must have:
- Successfully completed secondary education in an appropriate range of subjects;
- A valid score of 4.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent.
- Alternatively, you can take the free NCC Education Standard English Placement Test which is administered by CESC as an Accredited Partner Centre.
The course will commence in September 2019 with a second intake in January 2020.
The International Foundation Diploma syllabus and assessment is suitable for students aged 16-19 as well as adult learners.
For more information or to register your interest, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org